Date last modified: March 3rd, 2016.
When you download our software in order to use our Services you agree to accept this policy. LoyLap may change this policy at any time. We will post notifications of revised versions of our policy on our website, and revised policies will be immediately effective.
Importance of your Privacy:
With LoyLap, the relationship exists between you, LoyLap and the Merchant(s) where you have made a transaction using LoyLap. We do not commercialise your e-mail address or any other personal details with any other parties whatsoever. From time to time LoyLap, or a merchant you have visited may send you communication through email. All LoyLap e-mails contain an unsubscribe link so that you can choose to stop receiving e-mails from us again. We recommend you remain subscribed as our group e-mails are very rare and usually pertain to important system updates, but we fully understand if you wish to be removed from the mailing list.
Collection of information
Information you provide to us:
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, complete transactions, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include your name, date of birth, gender, e-mail address, and other information you choose to provide.
- Transactions: When you use LoyLap to make a transaction with a business, we will record the date, time, transaction amount, and transaction ID. We record this information so we can provide analytics back to the merchant where you use LoyLap. We also record any promotional codes you issue or receive.
- Device location: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Our Disclosure of your Personal Data and other information
LoyLap is not in the business of selling your personal information. We consider this information to be an essential part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain conditions in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- Legal requirements: LoyLap may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation or assist government enforcement agencies, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of LoyLap, Merchants, or our users, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, (iv) protect against legal liability; (v) protect Merchants from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; or (vi) protect the security or integrity of the Services.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: LoyLap sometimes uses the services of other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include maintaining databases, sending emails and push notification messages, data analytics, offering and developing certain features of the Services, and maintenance and security. When we employ the services of another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function. These third parties may match this data with information that they have previously collected about you under their own privacy policies, which you should consult on a regular basis.
When you use certain features of the Services, in particular our mobile applications, that require geo-location information, we may receive, store and process information that shows your location.
LoyLap does not share, give or sell any personal information of its users, except for the information the user expressly allows for during their usage of the Services. Any personal information, which includes your e-mail address, will be kept confidential from any third parties.
LoyLap will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law. For a copy of all information that LoyLap has relating to you, or to request information to be amended or entirely deleted, please send an email to email@example.com stating your name and the e-mail address that you registered for the Service with. A charge of €6.35 will be required for all requests to view and delete data. A request to have information amended will be completed absolutely free of charge.
It is important for us to track how our website is used. For this reason we may place cookies on your computer or your smartphone device. Cookies are small data files that identify you when you use our services. You have the opportunity to decline LoyLap cookies by using your browsers settings tools, but this may interfere with your use of our website and services.
3rd Party Tracking & Google Analytics:
We and service providers acting on our behalf, such as Google Analytics, use server log files and tracking technologies to collect and analyse certain types of technical information, including cookies, IP addresses, browser types, browser language, referring and exit pages, and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, game state and the date and time of activity on our websites or games, and other similar information. In some cases, we will associate this information with your profile for our internal use.
Protecting Personal information:
Any information that can be used to identify a person is Personal Information. This does not include information that has been aggregated or made anonymous. All information is securely stored on cloud servers in accordance with Section 2(1) (d) of the Data Protection Act 1988 – 2001 (as amended). Our safeguards and procedures have been implemented in accordance with Irish and EU regulations to maintain the physical and electronic security of our software, services and your personal information. Our measures include firewalls, system-wide data encryption, SSL encryption, physical and electronic access controls, and strict rules regarding the access and use of data on our system.
LoyLap uses extensive and sophisticated secure technology to protect your data and transmissions between you and LoyLap. Transmission between browsers and our web server is implemented using either Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology or LoyLap’s proprietary mobile application that utilizes SSL-encrypted communication. This technology requires an SSL-capable browser. Although LoyLap has taken these reasonable and appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is delivered and disclosed only in accordance with your instructions, LoyLap cannot and does not guarantee that the personal information you provide will not be intercepted by others and decrypted.
Using Personal Information:
LoyLap will not commercialize its users’ database with any third party. LoyLap may use certain information about you without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as business analytics, analysing how the service is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content.
For User’s protection, the password is stored encrypted in our servers, and it is not accessible to anyone, including LoyLap team members. Therefore, shall it be lost or forgotten, the User must reset a new password.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Loylap does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register with our Service. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information to Loylap. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, irrespective of having parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as is technically possible.
3rd Party Website links:
Do Not Track (DNT) Policy:
LoyLap’s ability to deliver a consistent and efficient service to global clients and users is often reliant on our systems making assumptions based on user information. For example, United States based customers should see prices in US Dollars and other information relevant to them whilst customers located elsewhere will see information specific to them. LoyLap does not respond to DNT headers and track signals in order to avoid system bugs and maintain a reliable service.
By using any of LoyLap’s services, the user grants LoyLap the right to use this tracking information and any personal information in order to improve system performance and business offerings over time. LoyLap may also allow third parties to access this data in order to improve LoyLap’s service to the customer.
If you have any questions pertaining to our Privacy Terms, please do not hesitate to reach out to us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The entity responsible for the collection and use of your personal data is:
Smart Points Limited trading as LoyLap.
Trinity Technology & Enterprise Campus